Monday, April 9, 2012

MacBETH

Today's student zinger: "What?! Macbeth is a DUDE!?"
My English 12 students were about halfway through Act I when a student asked this question. For followers who keep up with the zingers, this young lady is the same one who produced "Tequila Mockingbird."

I decided to change format a bit today and start adding a teaching tip on each blog. Here's today's tip: Buy a cheap "clapper" or some sort of irritating noise maker at a dollar store and use it to herd the cats during loud exercises. When I need my students' attention, instead of yelling over them, I use the clapper. We rehearse on the first day of school so that they have an automatic silent response to the sound. Works like a charm!

I've been working on a visual review for the AP English Language exam. Here's the link:
AP Style Review Tool Box

No comments:

Post a Comment